There is an ever-present dialogue that takes place in all creatures that use language. For healthy, well-adjusted people that dialogue is filled with positive statements about themselves, the people around them and the universe they live in. For others, this internal conversation is filled with negativity. They don't trust themselves, their feelings, other people or life. For these people, life is a daily dose of misery and drudgery. Many of your fellow humans, most notably those in: mental hospitals; prisons; reform schools; and menial, boring, life draining jobs, have internal dialogues that are literally bankrupt of the possibility that is each human being.
Music To Listen To
Death Cab For Cutie
Jets To Brazil
Anything That Moves You and Hits That Sweet Spot
Saturday, July 05, 2003
Well, hello, hello, old dear friend, I have not touched your words in a while. I have neglected you and I am sorry for that. Unfortunately it is harder to do as much as I once could without the previleges of ethernet and now on dial-up. The vibe of the day is good music. From Radiohead to other random stuff. I have so much to tell you and yet only a little time to type. I will be in touch soon enough. Check out this, its good.
Quotations to inspire and challenge Ann RichardsAnn Richards on How to Be a
1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8-year prosperity was due to
the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's gasoline prices
are all Clinton's fault.
2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success all
on their own.
3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social Security
checks on time.
4. You have to believe that AIDS victims deserve their disease, but smokers
with lung cancer and overweight individuals with heart disease don't deserve
5. You have to appreciate the power rush that comes with sporting a gun.
6. You have to believe...everything Rush Limbaugh says.
7. You have to believe that the agricultural, restaurant, housing and hotel
survive without immigrant labor.
8. You have to believe God hates homosexuality, but loves the death penalty.
9. You have to believe society is color-blind and growing up black in America
doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't vote for Alan Keyes.
10. You have to believe that pollution is OK as long as it makes a profit.
11. You have to believe in prayer in schools, as long as you don't pray to
Allah or Buddha.
12. You have to believe Newt Gingrich and Henry Hyde were really faithful
13. You have to believe speaking a few Spanish phrases makes you instantly
popular in the barrio.
14. You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.
15. You have to be against government interference in business, until your
oil company, corporation or Savings and Loan is about to go broke and you beg
for a government bail out.
16. You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares your
hatred for AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.
17. You have to believe government has nothing to do with providing police
protection, national defense, and building roads.
18. You have to believe a poor, minority student with a disciplinary history
and failing grades will be admitted into an elite private school with a $1,000